Starting a chapter in five simple steps:
1) Register as a student organization on your campus, gain recognition through your student government and/or university, and start holding meetings. Registering as an official student organization will allow you to book meeting spaces, allow access to school resources and to participate in fairs and other events to attract membership.
2) Once you have a minimum of 10 members, contact your respective CCD Regional Director so you can begin the chartering process with the California College Democrats (CCD) through our dual-chartering agreement with the California Young Democrats (CYD). Each college chapter is a member of CCD through CYD.
3) To charter, you will email the following documents to email@example.com. These documents are:
a. Chapter Membership list, with the following information (ALL of this information is required) and example of this can be found here
Date of Birth
Full Address (Home, City, State, ZIP code)
Expected Year of Graduation
b. Chapter Officer list, with the following information (required), example here:
c. Chapter Bylaws (same as your Student Organization Bylaws or Constitution), example here
d. Chapter Report – fill out this form here and submit.
4) Send your chartering fees ($20 base fee along with $2 per member) to California Young Democrats 455 Capitol Mall, Suite 500, Sacramento, CA 95814. Or pay online: http://www.actblue.com/page/cayoungdems
You must first contact your respective CCD Regional Director and then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the person whose name was on the credit card, the amount paid, and date paid in order for dues payments to be processed.
5) Attend the California Democratic Party State Convention (visit the CDP website for up to date information) every year to ensure your chartering application is approved, participate in statewide politics with chapters from throughout California, and so your chapter may cast votes during CCD/CYD meetings on elections and endorsements.
Remain in contact with your CCD Regional Director to contact you about opportunities and programs offered through CCD. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.